The Verland Foundation Inc.
The Verland Foundation, Inc. (TVFI) is seeking a full-time, licensed Psychologist to lead the design and implementation of behavioral interventions for those with a primary diagnosis of intellectual/ developmental disabilities within the Intermediate Care Facility. The Psychologist plays a key role in overseeing the resident's individualized psychosocial and behavioral services alongside the Interdisciplinary Team members. This position offers flexible scheduling as a salaried employee.
Verland provides care for adults and children with intellectual, medical and /or physical disabilities, 35 homes across Southwestern Pennsylvania. Verland is proud to serve residential and day programs in multiple locations including Allegheny, Beaver, Mercer, Fayette counties. We are a non – profit organization with over 40 years of exceptional service and support to the residents that call Verland home.
- Selects, administers and interprets intelligence, neuropsychological, social development, interest, and other objective psychological tests to diagnose individual psychological disorders to guide appropriate treatment.
- Well-versed in Functional Behavior Analysis and/or Assessments needed to guide the Behavior Support Plans, in collaboration with the Behavior Specialist, and other medical professionals.
- Assists in obtaining and updating consents as indicated with changes in resident's Behavior Support Plans and psychotropic medication.
- Regular, direct interaction with our residents including rounding, individualized treatments using psychological techniques, and counselling to include staff, family and guardians as appropriate.
- Provides training, in-servicing and orientation to designated staff regarding behavioral approaches, techniques, methodology and other pertinent information as identified by the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Provides Victims Assistance Program follow-up as needed, in collaboration with the Behavior Specialist.
- Serves on the Human Rights Committee.
- Completes all necessary documentation, such as 60 and 90-day reviews and procedures, annual assessments and clinical observations in the Adult Training Facility and individual residences.
- Regular, consistent participation in the Interdisciplinary Team Process, including attendance at intermittent, annual and quarterly client meetings as needed.
- Competently supports care in a manner consistent with National and State regulations.
- Supports client care delivery in accordance with facility/departmental/regulatory/payor policies and procedures for clinical setting and population served.
- Creates and updates Psychology-related policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the resident's plans of care with the Medical Director, Psychiatrist, Behavior Specialist, Nursing Team, therapists, outside providers and all relevant medical professions and persons involved in the resident's care.
- $1,000 -$1,500 Employee Referral (for successfully* referring someone to employment)
- Up to an extra $2,080 a year in lieu of Health Insurance coverage (see benefits below)
- Minimum of 24 hours worked and employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health (UPMC), Dental (Delta Dental) and Vision Insurances
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- 403B – Traditional and Roth with Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Competitive PTO Plan
- 8 Paid Holidays
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Verbal and written communication skills are necessary to present ideas, programs and progress reports concerning individuals to staff, parents and other departments.
- Ability to interact well with all departments and across disciplines.
- Must demonstrate good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledgeable in and exercise appropriate body mechanics during treatment.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Doctoral Degree from an accredited institution.
- Active licensure with the state of Pennsylvania, in good standing.
- 1-3 year of experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities (IDD) is preferred.
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems, email communication, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- On-the-job training is provided by the Clinical Department on various interdepartmental methods and procedures.
- Requires CPR and Basic Life Support certification through AHA within 6 months of hire.
- Must have Act 33 and Act 34 clearances.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
This position requires the ability to lift and/or carry 50 pounds or less independently, or over 50 pounds with the assistance of one other. Requires driving, sitting, standing, walking, running, bending, stooping and reaching. The ability to walk outdoors in inclement weather to evaluate therapy care.
What does C.A.R.E mean to you? Does the words Compassion, Advocacy, Responsibility, and Empathy come to mind? If any of these words describe you and what you stand for, then you are what we are looking for at Verland.
Up to 2 weeks paid training provided by Verland, to educate new hires on daily living skills, social engagement, personal hygiene skills, along with each individual's support plan/ personal development goals that are essential to improve the daily lives of the individuals that we serve.
Preferred Years Of Experience:3 Year(s)
Salary Range:$55.00 - $65.00
Employment/Position Type:Part Time
Travel:Up to 10% Travel
Share On :